Saturday, April 14, 2007

Behind Myself




I look out into the world from inside
behind myself
hiding inside
a dark window conceals me
yet all know only what they see
not the real me
being what I'm supposed to be
I wish sometimes I were someone else
a girl who's friends know well
being loved for who they are
and never leaving
Trapped in these evil jaws
I struggle but not forever
because I will always be
the same in my secret sadness
hiding behind who I am
where endless tears flow
the only place I know
inside myself
I wish you could see
what it's really like
to live inside as me. . .

By Amber Vinci

2 comments:

Bobby Revell said...

Amber, I think you needed to write this poem. What a beautifully honest expression of yourself. I feel your sadness, and I know sadness. I'm at a loss for words. Thank you for writing this.

Anonymous said...

very beautiful Amber, actually brought tears to my eyes.